Monday, August 5, 2013

Firing Forward

Due to the lovely shade of my hair, I had many nicknames growing up. Some more desirable than others...

Scarlet Scalp. Pretty cool.

Red. I liked it.

Carrot Top. Seriously? How original. 

However, the one that was always my favorite....  FIRE!


When walking down the hall of my high school, I'd often hear the comment... "Look! She's on fire!" or people would hold their hands over my head and say "Oooohhh, so HOT!" My birthday gifts even reflected my well-known nickname as you can see from the photo of my 15th birthday. Anything with the word FIRE in it was sent my way.

While I am sure the nickname was meant to tease, I secretly loved it.


The word fire can be used to reference or describe so many different things. Think of the many catch phrases, idioms and song lyrics that use the word fire...

** We didn't start the fire

** If you play with fire, your bound to get burned

** Baptism by fire

** Goodness Gracious! Great balls of fire

** Set the world on fire

** Fired up

** Fire away

** In the line of fire

However, for the purposes of this blog, we want to think of fire as motivation. Visualize a fire being lit underneath you that will literally Fire you Forward to your health and fitness goals. We are here to help. Sometimes one just needs a little motivation and accountability to get started and truly find success.
 

We must remember, as Stephen R. Covey says, "Motivation is a fire within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly." We have the ability to help light that fire under you, but you are the only one that can take that fire and keep it burning. 

Scott and I want to help motivate that fire within. Everyone wants to be fit and in good shape. Life is easier and better when we feel good about ourselves. We hope that we can help you Fire Forward to finding success in your health and fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment